Friday, September 21, 2012

Welcome Fall: Fall Wall Decoration

Fall is such a beautiful time of year and the first day of fall is a perfect day to create a fun project that you can hang up in your home or office to welcome fall.

I had a simple blank rectangle piece of wood with a black wire that was already attached to it. I purchased it at my local dollar store and just removed the wire before the kids began painting it.

I placed a selection of fall paint colors out so the kids could choose which colors they wanted to use. I helped my nephew paint a tree trunk in the middle of the wood and then along with a paint brush and their index finger they created leaves on the trunk of the tree and my niece used the paint brush to add grass near the trunk. It's a cute project for kids of any age. To complete the project I wrote the family name on the front of the decoration.

Happy fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment