Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Move over summer, fall is coming


I will tell you, it's always great when Labor Day approaches. While we continue to see 100 degree days for a while, it's a great sign that soon fall / winter will be here. Every week, I love to clean the house, a simple cleaning but effective. About once a season I do a great scrub cleaning. I really make sure I do it in March and again in September. One of the hardest spots for me is the bathroom.

When cleaning your bathroom, fixtures are the hardest so take time to give your fixtures a little TLC.

Vinegar is a miracle cleaner and one of the most inexpensive you can buy. I mean a small bottle of vinegar will run you $1.00, and it has so many uses.

Get rid of calcium deposits on faucets by soaking a cloth or paper towel in white distilled vinegar and wrapping the area tightly. Let this sit for a couple of hours or overnight.

Remove soap buildup from faucets by scrubbing them with a solution of 1 part salt to 4 parts white distilled vinegar. While I have not tried the salt part, I did mix 1/2 cup hot water and 1/4 cup of vinegar and scrubbed my faucet with a towel. It did work. So good luck. Faucets are hard, and it's the one item in your bathroom that is used the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment